Powered by Blogger.

RSS FEED

Blog Archive

Sunday 12 June 2011

Intel® I/O Processors

Many storage, networking, and embedded applications require fast I/O throughput for optimal performance. Intel® I/O processors allow servers, workstations and storage subsystems to transfer data faster, reduce communication bottlenecks, and improve overall system performance by offloading I/O processing functions from the host CPU.

The table below provides a quick overview of the Intel I/O processor family. The Intel® IOP34x family of processors, with Intel XScale® microarchitecture, builds on more than a decade of leadership in I/O processor technology.

Features and benefits:

Intelligent I/O processor Offloads I/O processing functions, such as I/O interrupt processing and parity calculations, from the CPU. This allows the CPU to streamline application processing and to use other system resources, such as the system bus and memory, more effectively.
On-chip cache Improves data throughput by reducing external bus traffic.
Parallel transaction capabilities Eliminates the need to use expensive proprietary controllers to handle parallel transactions and compression algorithms.
Single-chip design Provides smaller packaging, simplified design, and board space cost savings. Full system-on-a-chip validation.
Comprehensive set of development tools Faster time-to-market. A complete range of compilers, debuggers, commercial and open source operating systems are available from multiple vendors.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

TOP PRODUCTS

Total Pageviews

PRODUCTS

Design by araba-cı | MoneyGenerator Blogger Template by GosuBlogger